Water Industry Operator - [Archived Advertisement]
Icon Water (View other jobs from this organisation)
Water Industry Operators
- Multiple positions available
- Mitchell location with free onsite parking
- Ongoing training and development
We are looking for a motivated, self-starter to join out Infrastructure Services team as a Water Industry Operator in our Maintenance Services group.
As a Water Industry Operator, you will be part of a large and collaborative team who are responsible for the outdoor maintenance and general construction duties on Canberra’s water and sewage network.
Icon Water is responsible for owning and operating Canberra’s network of water and wastewater infrastructure and assets including dams, reservoirs, water and sewerage treatment plants, water and sewerage pumping stations to ensure the delivery of safe drinking water and reliable sewerage services. Icon Water has been part of the Canberra community for 100 years.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
- Construction, operation, maintenance and repair of water and sewerage supply networks.
- Preparation and restoration of water and sewerage supply work sites.
- Operation of plant machinery, vehicles and equipment (including hand and power tools).
- Participation in job specific competencies and mandatory training.
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to workplace safety.
- Previous experience working in the water and sewerage industry, or trades / civil construction experience, would be an advantage.
- Strong work ethic and enthusiasm with the ability to work overtime and on call.
- Experience with GPS / mapping systems to identify location of assets and ability to interpret technical drawings.
- Proven understanding of standard mathematics, written literacy and computer literacy.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Possession of a current driver’s license is essential (MR or HR Class license would be an advantage).
- Ability to undertake physically demanding work including working in confined spaces. A pre-employment medical will be completed as part of the recruitment process.
If this looks like your next challenge, please log onto our recruitment portal and submit your resume and a maximum two-page cover letter addressing the ‘what are we looking for’ section of the job advertisement.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Scott Daly on (02) 6180 6240. For questions on the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Friday 5 March 2021.
- Closing Date:
- 05 Mar 2021
- ACT - Mitchell
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Environment & Water
Natural Resources and Water