We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential water infrastructure.
We are looking for a Dam Surveillance Engineer at our Parramatta office, this role will be responsible to provide specialist dam safety advice through the development and implementation of dam surveillance programs and other dam safety related compliance activities, to meet business, regulatory and statutory requirements. You will be working within a small team to produce high quality and cost-effective results to tight deadlines.
- Dam safety management practices are optimised using risk based framework.
- Ensure statutory dam safety requirements for WaterNSW’s dams portfolio are appropriately met in a timely manner.
- Effective management of dam safety and operational risks including - visual inspections, reviews of monitoring data, analysis and interpretation of measurements and readings, performance and risk.
- Identify and initiate in-depth evaluation of dam safety risks arising from surveillance activities
- Evaluate the safety status and performance of dams.
- Oversee development of technical guidelines and methodologies for implementation in the dam safety program.
To be successful in this role you must have a tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering with at least 5+ years of experience in dams engineering along with:
- Experience in the safety evaluation of existing dams
- Extensive knowledge of principles and practices of dam and weir design, construction, operation, safety surveillance and maintenance
- Experience in comprehensive risk assessments
- Experience in maintaining assets at a high level
- The ability to work as part of a team and contribute to a positive and hardworking culture.
- Willing to travel to the various sites within Water NSW.
What we are offering
- Great workplace with good job variety
- Excellent working conditions under the Water NSW enterprise agreement
- Ongoing training provided
For further information on the role, please reach out to our internal recruitment team at Recruitment@waternsw.com.au or see attached the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National police check and Medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of this these checks.
To apply please complete your personal details and submit your cover letter and resume below.
Applications close on 26 November 2019.