We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and the one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
We have a unique 12 month contract opportunity for a Manager Group Procurement, based in Parramatta and reporting to the CFO. In this key leadership role, where you will manage and lead a team of Category Managers and Procurement personnel who partner with the business to develop, deploy and manage category strategies, and lead strategic sourcing activities that ensure value for money, appropriate levels of service, compliance and supplier engagement.
You will have the opportunity to evolve, develop and implement sourcing strategies with a particular focus on increasing our capability in the Infrastructure, Construction Asset Maintenance, Operations and Property categories.
You will bring:
- A wide level of category expertise and knowledge
- Specific expertise and knowledge Infrastructure, Construction and Asset Maintenance categories
- Demonstrated experience in successfully leading a team through a time of change
- A deep knowledge of strategic sourcing
- Demonstrated experience in partnering with the business to develop effective procurement strategies
- Relevant degree qualification or experience deemed equivalent.
- Current NSW Driver’s license
- Attractive remuneration package, including performance bonus
- A flexible, family friendly workplace
- Diverse and supportive team environment
- 12-month term role, with real potential for extension or permanency
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment check that include a national police check and medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
For further information please refer to the attached Position Description
Queries may be directed to Recruitment@waternsw.com.au
Please complete your personal details and submit a cover letter and resume below. All applications must be submitted online. Please note - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close April 9, 2021