$106,988 + 9.5% Superannuation
Temporary to 30 June 2021 Open to job share
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Team.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
Responsible for providing professional traffic engineering advice and guidance to our internal and external stakeholders in regards to the capability and performance of traffic management assets and infrastructure; You will be a key leader and mentor when it comes to assisting and providing guidance to less experienced team members.
There are many benefits to being involved in this team, such as being led by our reputable and dynamic manager Jenny as well as being actively involved in the development and management of transport management strategies that involves the management of pedestrians, cyclists, motorcyclists and motor vehicles, including parking, and public transport vehicles along the City’s public street and public realm spaces, which ensures that the civil and traffic infrastructure assets of the City are managed in the most efficient and safest manner.
You will assist the small professional Transport and Parking Team that sit within the Engineering Services Branch with approving traffic management, parking signage and infrastructure changes and assess applications made by Building Construction and utilities companies to close roads for planned works.
To be successful in this role, you will bring your experience, knowledge, enthusiasm and team spirit to progress Jenny’s vision for a forward thinking and leading Transport and Parking team.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Completion of a formal degree qualification in engineering with substantial relevant experience, or less formal education and extensive experience and relevant skills and experience to an equivalent standard
- Understands and interprets business plans and strategies, and how Council is structured and operates
- Ability to self-manage projects and budgets
- A capability to apply technical engineering skills
- A capability to undertake critical thinking to assist problem solving
- Display excellent verbal communication skills, in order to undertake community consultation and consultation with major stakeholders and internal staff members.
- Excellent written communication skills, in order to prepare reports and written correspondence, which require minimal modifications from their Team Leader.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Ross Goddard, (Acting) Senior Co-Ordinator Transport and Parking
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.