Senior Electrical/SCADA Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Searson Buck Group Pty Ltd (View other jobs from this organisation)
Searson Buck are again proud to be partnering with Tasmanian Irrigation (TI) in their search for a Senior Electrical/SCADA Engineer. This newly created role will provide guidance and leadership for TI’s electrical, data and control systems function across the network.
Tasmanian Irrigation currently operates 16 irrigation schemes around the State and has a further $170m commitment from Federal & State Government to support the design and construction of five new schemes over the next 5-8 years.
This newly created position is a key role within the Technical Support Services Team and supports TI’s capacity to deliver uninterrupted water supply to their irrigator body throughout the State. The Senior Electrical/SCADA Engineer is a state-wide role with a primary focus on the provision of Electrical (including Generation and HV) and Control Systems strategy and asset performance improvements. You will also be involved in network design, asset management, and maintenance planning functions as a support service to the Water Delivery, Program Development and Delivery groups.
Key to this role will be an individual’s ability to provide;
- Technical advice on TI’s electrical, data and control systems network
- Network programming and design experience
- Asset management, maintenance, and planning support
- High level conceptual and problem-solving to achieve operational optimisation
- Project development and delivery with direct budgetary and cost control responsibility
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate significant prior experience in a similar position preferably within the development of irrigation schemes, waste water or sewerage networks, large-scale oil & gas installations, or marine pipeline construction projects.
The successful Senior Electrical/SCADA Engineer will;
- Hold a Bachelor level qualification (Electrical or similar)
- Have demonstrated experience in HV networks and Control Systems
- Demonstrated PLC, RTU, HMI and SCADA design and programming skills
- Sound understanding of Electrical & HV regulatory, statutory and code compliance
- Be aligned to TI’s people positive culture
As the Senior Electrical/SCADA Engineer you work closely with the Manager, Asset Management & Maintenance Planning to deliver network efficiencies across the existing irrigation network and be involved in the design and development of key electrical infrastructure for new irrigation schemes.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work and live in Tasmania to grow and sustain the wealth of our state.
Applications close COB Monday 30th November 2020.
- Closing Date:
- 07 Dec 2020
- TAS - Launceston
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Environment & Water
Natural Resources and Water
Oil and Gas
Power Generation and Distribution