Senior Project Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Evoenergy are an electricity and gas distribution business that are committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory. Evoenergy are committed to the safety of consumers and employees, through investing in people, technology and other innovations to meet our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
The Customer Connections branch are looking for a Senior Project Engineer who has a passion for working with stakeholders, can champion our customer centric philosophy, be a leader in a small professional engineering team and can utilise their senior engineering skills in a dynamic environment to deliver project outcomes and a positive customer experience.
The Senior Project Engineer is a senior member of the project team and will be responsible for providing sound engineering analysis whilst formulating design/project briefs that meet both the customers’ requirements and optimises the existing electricity network infrastructure.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking a natural mentor with strong interpersonal skills who can provide sound engineering solutions and advice to deliver agreed project outcomes, who possess the following:
- Advanced Diploma, or equivalent, in Electrical Engineering (essential), or Degree in Electrical Engineering (preferred)
- Demonstrated extensive experience gained from exposure to an asset intensive industry (e.g. mining, petro chemical, distribution / transmission network provider, heavy industry / infrastructure) in design for of complex electricity distribution projects focused on distribution networks, including; substations, switchyards, overhead and underground networks
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of the regulatory environment relating to electricity distribution or similar regulated environment (e.g. mining)
- Demonstrated experience in solving complex problems
- Ability to lead, support and mentor team members.
Canberra is the capital of the Australian Capital Territory. It has a population of 400,000 and is a modern city with a cosmopolitan feel. It offers all the city services and lifestyle amenities of a world-class capital, as well as being settled beside the alpine mountains and south east coast which makes it a great location for exploring.
Canberra has a great food and wine culture and is very family-friendly with great education, health care, a clean environment, and boasts Australia’s best roads and bike paths. It’s a safe, relaxed way to live.
If you are an electrical design engineer with electricity distribution experience and looking for a new challenge in an organisation that is transforming into the future and invests in its people, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume outlining what experience and capabilities you can bring to the role via our recruitment portal https://recruitment.actewagl.com.au/ProductionWC/jobs/ by Sunday 4th March 2018. To learn more about this great opportunity, please contact Glenn Pallesen, Manager Customer Connections on (02) 6293 5715.
- Closing Date:
- 04 Mar 2018
- ACT - Greenway
- Work Type:
- Full Time