As a Mechanical Engineer Submariner, you’ll get hands-on experience and responsibility early in your career. You’ll be leading the team that looks after the mechanical aspects of the submarine, both at sea and ashore. As the technical expert onboard, you’ll be responsible for the repair and maintenance of the submarine's structures, systems, and associated mechanical services.
Whether you have recently finished school, currently studying, already in the workforce or you have no experience at all, we’re hiring. You’ll be paid from day one to gain all the skills needed with extensive on-the-job training. You may also be able to be sponsored to finish your degree, or use your existing qualifications and be eligible for recognition of prior learning.
Your duties include, but aren’t limited to:
- Leading and looking after your team of engineering personnel
- Submarine structure
- Propulsion systems
- Electrical generation and distribution
- Domestic and associated mechanical services,
- Main and auxiliary machinery
- Air conditioning and hydraulics
- Ventilation systems
You’ll enjoy a competitive salary package, career stability, opportunities for continuous progression and an adventurous lifestyle – all while making a difference to Australia.
- Free medical and dental
- Competitive salary package
- Incremental salary increases as you progress through training and ranks
- 16.4% superannuation
- Job security
- Career progression and development
- Good work/life balance
- Travel opportunities
- Excellent social and fitness facilities
- Subsidised housing
- Balance of shore and sea postings
- Great chef made meals at sea
- Variety of allowances
Upon completion of your initial military and employment training, you’ll enjoy a salary package starting from $103,771.
Apply today or request more information by calling Amelia Belperio on 08 8402 5620 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For this role, you must be over 17 at time of enlistment, an Australian Citizen, have completed Year 12 and obtained a high enough entrance rank to qualify.
Visit the link below for the full position description: