WHS Advisor - [Archived Advertisement]
Brisbane Airport Corporation (View other jobs from this organisation)
Brisbane Airport Corporation Pty Limited (BAC), the operator of Brisbane Airport (BNE), is a proud, private, un-listed Queensland company, employing thousands of Queenslanders and creating economic opportunities for the state and city of Brisbane equating to more than $4 billion annually.
About the role:
3 Year Term, Full Time
As a Work Health and Safety Advisor at Brisbane Airport Corporation, you'll be responsible for executing the application of the BAC Work Health Safety Management System (WHSMS) and other WHS systems required along with relevant legislation. You'll also be responsible for actively promoting appropriate safety behaviour and implementing recommendations to ensure ongoing continuous improvement in WHS performance at BAC.
This is not a 'policing' role, it is focused in the advisory space, therefore, ensuring collaborative relationships are maintained with both internal and external stakeholders.
Key deliverables associated with this role include delivery of the WHSMS, work accidents and incidents investigation outcomes and the timely and proficient achievement of work objectives and targets, stakeholder satisfaction and relationship management.
- Coordinate the WHS audit, inspection and observation program for BAC construction projects, providing assistance and guidance to BAC project managers in this process as well as overseeing the application of the formal WHS non-conformance program within the Airport Construction team.
- Coordinate the BAC approved contractor process within the Airport Construction team, including working with BAC project managers to facilitate the efficient approval of approved status applications for new and existing contractors as well as the timely completion and submission of required WHS reports.
- Partner with project managers in managing the WHS risks associated with BAC work activities, assisting with the identification and assessment of health and safety risks to recommend the establishment, documentation and implementation of appropriate control measures to ensure health and safety as well as providing for WHS legislative compliance.
- Coordinate and conduct timely investigations into workplace incidents, engaging with management and workers to identify and implement appropriate corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Assist the WHS and Employee Relations Manager in developing, reviewing, revising and implementing the WHS management system; including reporting on performance outcomes and conducting system and process audits as required.
- Engage with internal stakeholders and BAC approved contractors to provide timely information and advice on good safety management practices; liaising and consulting as appropriate to facilitate the achievement of WHS commitments and goals, including the ongoing improvement of the WHS management system.
- Develop and deliver the WHS training programme for the Airport Construction team, conducting WHS training in accordance with compliance requirements.
- Communicate current and new WHS procedures and processes to BAC workers (including contractors
Experience and Qualifications
- Diploma WHS.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a safety-related role in a relevant industry.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Electrical experience would be highly desirable
- An ability to be pro-active and effectively communicate to all levels of mangement
- High attention to detail/accuracy
Knowledge & Technical Proficiency
- Sound knowledge and understanding of relevant WHS legislation, Australian Standards and Codes of Practice.
- Sound knowledge of safety documentation and processes and the application of these in the building and construction industry.
What's on offer?
This is an opportunity to join a company which is already a leader in this field in Australia and use your skills, experience and enthusiasm to help continue our successful growth! BAC is a forward thinking organisation, which is supportive of innovation and has a unique positive working environment.
More than 425 businesses are located at BNE, servicing a diverse range of industries offering services such as freight and aircraft handling, warehousing, transport and communications, manufacturing, research, property and infrastructure development, education and training, recreation, tourism, accommodation, leisure and retail. Collectively these businesses employ nearly 24,000 people, a number expected to exceed 50,000 (the size of a regional town) by 2034.
Please note, Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) reserves the right to close the applicant portal prior to the listed closing date.
If you believe you have the drive and experience to succeed in this exciting role, please click apply.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encourage to apply.
- QLD - Brisbane
- Work Type: