- Great lifestyle, health & educational facilities in the area
- Full time - 76 hrs/fn with a 9 day fortnight
- Training and above Award wages
What’s on Offer
The position is offered on a permanent full time basis and is placed at a Grade 16 in Federation Councils Salary System. The salary offered is in the range of $1243.20 to $1372.40 (plus super and allowances), per week depending upon competency level and experience. All recruitment is done in accordance with the Local Government State (NSW) Award and this position currently offers a benefit of a 76 hour/fnight with an RDO.
Federation Council is home to the thriving and diverse communities of Corowa, Howlong, Mulwala, Oaklands, Urana, Balldale, Boree Creek, Buraja-Lowesdale, Coreen, Daysdale, Morundah, Rand, Rennie and Savernake.
Only three hours from Melbourne, four hours from Canberra and six hours from Sydney, the region boasts a great climate and vibrant atmosphere and is an ideal location for families, businesses and visitors to experience its exceptional lifestyle and opportunities.
Federation Council values our employees and the contribution they make to ensure the success and growth of our organisation. When you work for us, you can expect a challenging and rewarding work environment combined with excellent conditions including attractive salaries, hours, employee benefits and development opportunities.
About the role
Council is looking for a dynamic individual responsible for undertaking and leading the construction and maintenance works on Council’s roads, drainage and associated assets.
The key duties include the construction and maintenance of roads, kerb and gutter, stormwater drainage pipes and watermains, placing and finishing concrete, and the operation of plant and equipment. The position also includes staff and contractor supervision.
You will require a Certificate III in Civil Construction and demonstrated experience in the road maintenance and construction industry with a passion for safety and quality while being a valuable team leader.
For your application to be considered you will need the following documents in PDF format:
- Cover Letter – detailing - what position you are applying for, introducing yourself to Council and why you believe you are the right candidate for the position.
- Resume – Your current resume detailing your work history, qualifications, skills and 2 work referee contact information.
- Selection Criteria – Selection criteria represents the key qualifications, training, abilities, knowledge, personal attributes, skills and experience a person must have in order to do the job effectively. You must meet the selection criteria in order to be considered for a position and you do this by addressing each criteria point in writing. Generally 50-100+ word answers are sufficient for each criteria, give examples of what you have done in previous employment that relates to the criteria.
The Selection Criteria is detailed in the Position Description document available on the Federation Council careers webpage.
Applications need to be submitted by Friday 30 October 2020 at 4.00pm via the Federation Council website careers page at www.federationcouncil.nsw.gov.au
Please note that all employees with Council will be required to complete a pre-employment functional assessment and a drug and alcohol test as part of the interview process.
Council is an equal opportunity employer.