The future of train travel, today. That’s what we intend to deliver. And it all starts with our people. Positive and upbeat with an ‘anything-is-possible’ approach, the MTS team is rewriting expectations. So, if you are energised and enthused by working in a challenging, future focused, vibrant, can-do environment, then let’s talk!
About the role –
Reporting to the Maintenance Support Manager, a permanent opportunity has arisen based in Tallawong.
The key purpose of the role is to consolidate and enhance the maintenance stores processes and procedures to support all maintenance units including the management of spares, tools and consumables.
- Develop stores management plan and maintain accurate inventory tracking including – inventory management, goods receipt, goods inspection, packing and unpacking, asset tagging, record management, etc. primarily utilising the Asset Information System (Ellipse)
- Warehouse space planning and manage the logistics arrangements for the delivery, issue and dispatch of goods, services and inventory to the various locations within the business domain
- Maintain system-based reports and keep track record of the spares locations, repairable items, datasheets, booking out of tools and conduct timely inspections
- Create workflows that detail the processes of managing inventory such as cataloguing spares, calibrating tools etc. for use or consumption by internal and external stakeholders
Desired Experience and Education:
- Previous experience in stores operation and maintenance management
- Excellent knowledge of Work Health and Safety
- Effective planning and organisational skills, able to manage, build rapport and negotiate with new and existing suppliers
- Good computer literacy including working on Enterprise Asset Management software and the Microsoft Suite and able to collect, analyse and present complex data to stakeholders to support decision making and action planning
- Cert III qualification in Electrotechnology, Electronic or Telecommunication; or Logistics, Supply Chain or Warehouse Operations
- Professional experience and/or qualification such as Certified Professional Logistician (CPL) deemed to be equivalent.
- Possession of forklift ticket and heavy vehicle license
This is an exciting opportunity to work for the Operator and Maintainer of the first automated passenger railway in Australia!