Queensland Rail is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
At Queensland Rail we believe safety comes first. Always.
About the role
This role is primarily responsible for providing senior level technical support and management of projects relating to the rollingstock Fleet. This may include projects relating to the SEQ and Regional fleets in which your electrical expertise is required. The position focuses on improved safety and performance to ensure rollingstock availability, reliability and cost effectiveness.
This is a permanent opportunity based at Mayne Yard in Bowen Hills. Travel out to various sites in SEQ and regionally will be required. The hours are Monday to Friday 38 hours per week however some overtime and weekend work may be expected.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide expert technical assurance advice and support for the management and operation of rolling stock fleet
- Develop scopes of work, specifications, instructions and other documents to the required standards
- Provide technical management of rolling stock projects as part of a multi-discipline project team
- Audit rolling stock, carry out investigations and make recommendations on the compliance of the rolling stock
- Determine and set standards/requirements for the design, maintenance and overhaul of electrical equipment
- Investigate new technologies to enhance the safety and reliability of the rolling stock fleet
We are seeking interest from people who have:
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- Strong electrical engineering experience with rolling stock or other heavy industry background
- High level of skill in technical assurance, acceptance and safety compliance
- Experience carrying out rollingstock fault-finding investigations and providing technical support and advice to relevant stakeholders.
- High level of skill in developing and continuously improving electrical systems, strategies, setting standards, scopes of work and modifications to improve rollingstock performance, reliability, safety and cost.
Benefits on offer
- Flexible working options.
- Competitive Salary Packaging.
- Generous superannuation scheme.
- Queensland Rail also offers free train travel to and from work on duty days and a healthy work/ life balance.
PN. 71127 (1).pdf
The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake Psychometric Assessment, Pre-Employment Health Assessment, Video Screen and background checks that might also include Criminal History and Credit Checks.
Queensland Rail embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We have built the foundation for diversity in the areas of gender balance, First Nations Peoples, Youth, Disability and Multiculturalism. We continue to establish and integrate key programs such as QRWomen, Graduate and Apprentice Programs, Work and Welcome, Returned to Work processes, Employee Assistance Program, as well as Queensland Rail First Nations and LGBTIQ+ Staff Reference Groups.
Apply to position number 71127 via our website by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5:00pm, Wednesday the 12th of August 2020. For more information please call Courtney Webb on (07) 3072 2097.
Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.