Senior Project Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Australian Rail Track Corporation (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Project Engineer
The Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) plays a critical role in the national transport supply chain and in the overall economic development of Australia. Managing and operating more than 8,500 km of track in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland, makes ARTC one of Australia's largest rail network owners.
The Inland Rail Program is a 1700km rail infrastructure project stretching from Brisbane to Melbourne incorporating new and existing rail track. The program includes the upgrading of existing standard gauge track, the enhancement of existing standard gauge track to cater for double stacking and the construction of new standard gauge links comprising of viaducts, tunnels, rail track, crossings and bridges. More information relating to the project can be found here: Inland Rail
About the opportunity
As the Senior Project Engineer, you'll play a vital role in supporting the Area Director to successfully deliver the Inland Rail Program and designated projects within specified timelines, budget constraints, and ensuring utmost safety. This pivotal position requires the incumbent to be regionally based in Wagga or Stockinbingal. Initially, there's an opportunity to be based in Sydney until May 2024, after which the role will transition to an on-site position. Inland Rail will support the successful incumbent to relocate to regional NSW and provide additional support (LAFHA) until project completion in June 2027.
The responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Take a lead role in working with the Design Manager and Technical Service.
- Manage the inputs of project engineers to completion of the contractor's design, environmental secondary approvals phase of the Illabo to Stockinbingal Project.
- Assist in the planning and delivery of Inland Rail projects in accordance with ARTC standards on time and within budget allocations.
- Liaise with stakeholders (internal/external) on various contractual, technical and delivery matters.
- Contribute to the development, review and implementation of detailed contractors' Project System and Management Plan
- Provide quantitative and qualitative reports regarding the status and performance of components of the Inland Rail projects including preparing various technical and evaluation reports (project performance, technical evaluations, etc).
- Liaise and resolve interface issues between the Illabo to Stockinbingal Contractors.
- Assist the Project/Area Director and Construction Managers in monitoring and evaluating the performance of nominated Inland Rail projects against KPI's.
- Provide assistance in the preparation of contract documentation and submissions to gain approvals.
- Aid in the administration of contracts (payment claims, variations, etc).
- Give support in managing financial forecasting and reports on allocated projects.
To ensure success in this position, applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in engineering major projects delivery, construction, or project management of track, power systems, civil, and signalling systems.
- Strong client-side or tier 1 experience commercial acumen, and ability to manage design and construction contracts.
- Knowledge of or an awareness of work health and safety principles and relevant rail safety legislation.
- Experience in the administration, management, and delivery of major infrastructure projects.
- Australian Standards for track infrastructure including DDA.
- Demonstrable ability to work in an organised, well-ordered manner.
- Highly developed written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Degree in civil engineering or equivalent qualifications.
What you'll be joining
- You will join one of the largest infrastructure programs in Australia.
- This project will generate thousands of jobs and billions of dollars in local investment, boosting regional economies and communities right along the alignment.
- Inland Rail is proud to have over 40% female representation and we would like to see these numbers grow.
- Inland Rail is an Agile working environment in our State-of-the Art office embracing flexible working conditions.
- Inland Rail adopted a collaborative approach to the delivery of the project, leading all parties involved to work toward the same goal. This fosters the displayed behaviours of Respect, Honesty, Integrity and Reliability.
Our Organisation and Culture
Inland Rail is an equal opportunity employer. Inland Rail will transform how we move goods around Australia - better connecting producers to markets and creating new opportunities for businesses, industries and regional community. The values that drive us and the work we deliver in the program incorporate Future Thinking, Active Engagement, No Harm and Results. We welcome like-minded individuals who value our culture.
At Inland Rail, we celebrate, support, and thrive on attracting people from all horizons and walks of life for the benefit of our employees, our program, and our community. ARTC is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to submit their details to us.
All employment is decided based on suitability to the role, cultural fit, merit, and business needs.
If this opportunity sounds like the challenge you have been looking for please apply online today.
As part of the application process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment criminal history, reference and medical checks, including drug and alcohol testing. ARTC is a drug and alcohol-free working environment.
Please note that applications are reviewed from point of advertising so don't delay your application.
- NSW - Wagga Wagga
- Work Type:
- Full Time