Asset Strategy Engineer (Substations - Primary) - [Archived Advertisement]
Powerlink Queensland (View other jobs from this organisation)
Asset Strategy Engineer (Substations - Primary)
We believe life’s about possibilities. And so’s the future.
That’s why we need you. As Asset Strategy Engineer, you’ll help us connect Queensland to an even brighter and more sustainable future, providing high voltage electricity to over five million Queenslanders and 238,000 businesses. No matter your role, your work is about every light turned on. It’s every community connected and every future made possible.
Together, we’re gearing up for an even brighter future, working at the heart of Queensland’s energy transformation. Now more than ever, we need people who want to help us grow our impact and ensure we’re ready to tackle the challenge of our lives. Join us and make it happen.
Find a career that matters and lasts
As a Substation Strategies Engineer, you will be instrumental in supporting the delivery of asset management services for substation primary assets. Your role will involve leveraging data analytics to enhance condition assessments, managing substation ratings, and identifying opportunities for improvement in the lifecycle management of substation equipment. If you have a passion for electrical engineering, proficient in substation primary aspects, strong analytical skills, and a commitment to safety, this is the opportunity for you.
This role will;
- Analyse substation asset health, condition and performance data, identifying trends to initiate corrective actions and predict end of life.
- Develop, document, and lead the implementation of strategies for co-ordination and management of substation ratings.
- Ensure continued substation asset capability by proactively providing recommendations for defect reporting systems and managing asset performance.
- Assist in the development of equipment standards associated with substation assets to ensure functionality and cost-efficiency.
- Identify and manage substation plant and equipment asset risks.
- Undertake initial justification of replacement projects to meet acceptable risk profiles.
- Undertake analysis, justification, adoption and implementation of new asset-related technology.
- Collaborate with your team to establish SMART individual performance and behavioural targets aligned with team goals.
What you’ll bring
We are seeking an individual who is passionate for driving excellence in substation asset management.
A degree in Electrical Engineering with minimum 5 to 10 years technical experience in the electricity industry is key.
You will also have;
- Proven knowledge of substation technology and demonstrated ability to work in a Substation Plant technology environment.
- Understanding of failure modes, root cause analysis, and exposure to Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) principles.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret all legislative requirements relevant for ratings (incl, Electrical Safety Regulations, Transmission Network licence and NER.)
- Experience with Enterprise Asset Management Tools (e.g., SAP PM module) is advantageous
There’s lots to love about a career with Powerlink. But our people say that there are 3 things that really stand out:
- A career that matters and lasts: You’ll shape a progressive career connecting more than five million Queenslanders to a world-class, green energy future.
- Unique work and the chance to grow: You’ll find smart solutions to interesting problems as you develop your skills and impact every day.
- People who love to support and share: You’ll build relationships with experienced, down-to-earth people who you’ll be proud to work with.
You’ll also enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Flexible working arrangements such as part time, hybrid working and substitution of public holidays
- 12.75% superannuation and salary packaging of novated lease vehicles
- Bright, open office layout with access to onsite credit union and cafeteria
Be the start of every possibility
There’s so much opportunity for you to grab here. If this role sounds like it would suit you, we want to hear from you!
To apply, please click on the Apply button above. This will take you to our careers page, where you’ll start the application process by attaching your resume and cover letter. Application close 11:59pm Sunday 4th of February 2024. Kindly be aware that the Recruitment team will commence the review process during this period.
If you’d like to find out more about this position, please reach out to our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Powerlink, we are committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and harness the unique talents, perspectives and experiences of all people. Throughout the recruitment process, we provide support for candidates to ensure nobody is disadvantaged. Please tell us about any adjustments, support or access requirements that may help make the recruitment process more inclusive. You are also welcome to share your pronouns with us at any point throughout the process.
Powerlink is a Veteran-Friendly Employer. We recognise the significant skills and value and Veterans can bring, and ensure Veterans have equal opportunity in gaining employment with us. If you’re a Veteran, feel free to let us know in your application or reach out to find out how we can support you.
As part of the recruitment process, the successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include, but are not limited to: reference checks, criminal background checks, right to work eligibility, verification of academic qualifications, and bankruptcy checks.
We’re proud to be a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
- Closing Date:
- 04 Feb 2024
- QLD - Virginia
- Work Type:
- Full Time