Project Commissioning Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Powerlink Queensland (View other jobs from this organisation)
Project Commissioning Manager
We believe life’s about possibilities. And so’s the future.
That’s why we need you. As Project Commissioning Manager, you’ll help us connect Queensland to an even brighter and more sustainable future, providing high voltage electricity to more than five million Queenslanders and 253,000 businesses. No matter your role, your work is about every light turned on. It’s every community connected and every future made possible.
Together, we’re working at the heart of Queensland’s energy transformation. Now more than ever, we need people who want to help us deliver the new energy future and ensure we’re ready to tackle the challenge of our lives. Join us and make it happen.
Find a career that matters and lasts
As the Project Commissioning Manager, you will ensure testing and commissioning activities for our HV infrastructure projects are effectively planned, coordinated, executed and managed to maximise safe, efficient and quality project delivery requirements. Here’s how:
- Using your interfacing and safety skills you will manage all testing and commissioning activities for high voltage substations and transmission lines throughout Queensland.
- You will manage the development of commissioning staging plans and prepare commissioning schedule for allocated projects.
- You will provide input to the outage management plan and prepare commissioning test plans.
- Manage all technical specifications for testing and pre-commissioning of contracts for works.
- Overall management of site pre-commissioning and final commissioning works for each stage of a project.
What you'll bring
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering (Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent recognised by Engineers Australia)
- Advanced Diploma of Electrical Engineering, or Bachelor of Technology or equivalent, combined with relevant industry experience is desirable
We’d also love you to have:
- Knowledge and experience in the planning and management of test and commissioning plans schedules and activities is beneficial, but not essential
- You have been providing technical advice to operational or project delivery teams within medium to large technical organisations
- Ideally you have experience in high voltage or similar environments
- You have demonstrated your ability to develop strong, productive relationships with key stakeholders
- You are able to influence and negotiate with various stakeholders to achieve common operational goals
What matters most is your drive to make an impact for the millions of people we serve. Through our core values of accountability, customer service, teamwork and safety, you’ll strive to question and challenge the ordinary every day.
Powerlink is a leading Australian provider of electricity transmission services, delivering safe, cost effective and reliable solutions. Our purpose is to connect Queenslanders to a world-class energy future, providing electricity to five million Queenslanders and 238,000 businesses.
There's lots to love about a career with Powerlink. But our people say there's three things that really stand out:
- A career that matters and lasts: You'll shape a progressive career connecting more than five million Queenslanders to a world-class, clean energy future.
- Unique work and the chance to grow: You'll help find smart solutions to interesting problems as you develop your skills and impact every day.
- People who love to support and share: You'll build relationships with experienced, down-to-earth people who you'll be proud to work with.
You'll also enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Hybrid, family-friendly and flexible working arrangements including substitution of public holidays
- 12.75% superannuation and salary packaging of novated lease vehicles
- Volunteer leave and 14 weeks paid parental leave - at full or half pay
- Bright, open office layout with access to onsite credit union and cafeteria.
- Free undercover parking and charging stations for electric vehicles
- Health and wellbeing benefits, including corporate health plan with employee discounts, annual flu vaccinations, onsite gym facilities and access to Employee Assistance Program.
Be the start of every possibility
At Powerlink, unleashing our people’s potential is essential to our success. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is welcome and where diverse perspectives are valued. We are committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities we serve, and harness the unique talents, perspectives and experiences of all people.
Throughout the recruitment process, we provide support for candidates to ensure nobody is disadvantaged. Please tell us about any adjustments, support or access requirements that may help make the recruitment process more inclusive for you. You are also welcome to share your pronouns with us at any point throughout the process.
As part of the recruitment process, the successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include, but are not limited to: reference checks, criminal background checks, right to work eligibility, verification of academic qualifications, and bankruptcy checks.
We're proud to be a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer, and commit to respond to every applicant.
If you believe you provide technical advice and planning to effectively and safety commission our Transmission Assets into our network we want to hear from you. To apply for this permanent position please upload your application, consisting of an updated resume and covering letter.
This position closes advertising at Midnight Tuesday, 21 November 2023. Kindly be aware that the Recruitment team will commence the review process during this period. Please monitor your e-mail regarding communication on progress of your application.
If you'd like to find out more about this position, please reach out to our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Closing Date:
- 21 Nov 2023
- QLD - Virginia
- Work Type:
- Full Time