Aircraft Maintenance Engineer - Sydney - [Archived Advertisement]
Virgin Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer - Sydney
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. We’re on a mission to make flying better than ‘nice’. And to do that, it takes a team of talented people who are passionate about customer experience, doing the right thing always, with a focus on safety – in the air, on the ground and in our workplaces. A team who values real diversity and inclusion, in a big brand with big ambitions.
What you’ll be doing:
Our Aircraft Maintenance Organisation (AMO) is responsible for the delivery of safe and efficient aircraft maintenance services to Virgin Australia. As an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, you will be conducting maintenance activities under supervision of a Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (LAME), ensuring regulatory and airworthiness requirements are fully met.
Note -This role will operate on a PNS (permanent night shift) 4 on, 4 off shift pattern.
- Perform operational duties in accordance with company exposition and procedures in various work environments
- Notifying LAME of any significant defects found during maintenance activities and tooling requirements
- Ensuring that all maintenance activities are conducted safely and in accordance with the relevant manuals, company procedures and regulations
- Maintaining good housekeeping practices in the work area
You’ll be great in this role if you have …
- Demonstrated experience in Aircraft Line Maintenance and Heavy Maintenance activity
- A certificate IV in Aeroskills or equivalent
- An understanding of aircraft flight operations, flight safety and airworthiness considerations
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the engineering team and strong team working skills
- Proactive commitment to safe work practises
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- This role will operate on a PNS (permanent night shift) 4 on, 4 off shift pattern
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
When everyone is included, everyone wins
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.
- Closing Date:
- 29 Dec 2023
- NSW - Sydney
- Work Type:
- Full Time