Treatment Plant Operator (Water) - [Archived Advertisement]
Central Coast Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Treatment Plant Operator (Water)
"YOU COULD MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE"
Primary Work Location: Somersby NSW
- Join a dynamic team responsible for the provision of clean safe drinking water to the community
- Interesting and varied work on conventional plants, membrane systems, ground water, dams and catchment
- Work/Life Balance - 9 day fortnight
- Permanent Full Time
Central Coast Council is committed to the goals of equal opportunity employment. We aim to provide a work environment for our employees that fosters equity, diversity and respect.
Council is committed to providing safe environments that protect the physical, emotional, cultural and social wellbeing of children on the Central Coast.
Ideally located on the northern fringe of Sydney and just an hour's drive from Newcastle, the Central Coast offers one of the best places in Australia to live and work. The Central Coast is one of the fastest growing regions in NSW, the third largest Local Government Area (LGA) in NSW and the 6th Largest LGA in Australia.
Central Coast Council is the third largest water utility (or water and sewage service) in NSW servicing 139,000 homes and businesses in a growing region.
The Treatment Plant Operator is responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of water treatment plants, water supply dams and various non-potable treatment plants, to meet regulatory requirements such as Australian Drinking Water Guidelines, service requirements and quality levels for our customers.
The available roles are based at our Somersby Water Treatment Plant, however you may be required at times to work at other locations across the Central Coast.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in the operation of water treatment plants (or similar facilities) and demonstrated knowledge of water quality risks, contamination issues and their management including water quality sampling, monitoring and interpretation.
This position is required to provide quality customer service and create value for the community.
Council will also be creating an eligibility list from this recruitment process and may utilise this eligibility list to fill other Water Treatment vacancies.
Key activities of this role include:
- Operate and maintain water treatment plants to treat water in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Optimise treatment performance through the collection and analysis of samples and review of treatment performance data (e.g. laboratory analysis, SCADA)
- Undertake water quality testing and reporting in accordance with established procedures and water quality management systems
- Manage the various treatment dosing facilities
- Trade qualification in Fitter and Machinist/Electrician/Water Industry Operations (Certificate III level) or related field OR demonstrated solid contemporary experience in a similar role, combined with ongoing professional development
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate (HLTAID0011)
- Current Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificate (HLTAID009)
- Current Dam Safety Surveillance Certification
- Fluoridation of Public Water Supplies Certificate
- Statement of Attainment in Operate and Control Liquefied Chlorine Gas Disinfection
- Current Confined Spaces Certification
- Valid Construction General Induction card - NSW Work Cover or equivalent
- Proficient in swimming to perform self-rescue
What we offer:
- weekly pay cycle
- generous Leave Provisions: 20 days paid Annual Leave, 15 days Sick Leave/Carers Leave, Health & Wellbeing Leave, Long Service Leave after 5 years, Additional purchased leave, Parental Leave – 18 weeks full pay/36 weeks ½ pay, Paternity Leave - 2 weeks
- novated leasing program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to employees and their families
- Fitness Passport – access to gyms across the Central Coast and Newcastle
- Health and wellbeing programs – skin cancer screening, Breast screen, Flu vaccination, blood donations;
- Recognition of Service
- individual career development and learning opportunities
- Reward and Recognition program.
This role provides a commencing salary range of $61.5k to $73.8k per annum + $18.28 weekly allowance + 11% Superannuation.
* It is anticipated that the actual salary could be above the base salary quoted, dependent on overtime worked. On Average current employees do 16 hours overtime every 3 to 5 weeks.
A 9 day fortnight work-cycle currently applies to this role.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake a course of vaccinations against Hepatitis A and B and Tetanus or demonstrate their immunity.
Central Coast Council is committed to ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all of our employees. In accordance with Council's WHS requirements and COVID-19 Safety Plans we require all employees to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake and pass a Confined Spaces medical.
Enquiries: Michelle Pankhurst, Team Leader Water Treatment on ph: 0419 696 245.
If you are deaf, hearing or speech impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service TTY call 133 677 or Speak & Listen 1300 555 727.
Closing Date: Applications close at midnight on Sunday 26 November 2023.
- Closing Date:
- 26 Nov 2023
- NSW - Somersby
- $61.5k to $73.8k per annum + $18.28 weekly allowance + 11% Super
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Fitting and Machining