This large water management firm has over 15 offices nationwide and pride themselves on being experts who bring insight and practical solutions for water management solutions. They have built a strong reputation, significant client base and project pipeline Nationally and provide tailored solutions to organisations in the resources, energy, state and federal government sectors. Due to continuous and rapid growth in SA, they are looking for a capable, confident and experienced Principal / Senior Water Engineer to work be the face of the Adelaide operations, manage and build their local Client base, lead and grow junior engineers nationally.
As the Principal / Senior Water Engineer, you will be reporting to the National Director as the subject matter expert responsible for running the Adelaide operations. Having direct communication and consultation with industry clients, stakeholders and contractors to provide engineering, project delivery and technical expertise to the surface water and integrated water management sector. You will be leading and mentoring a team, using a collaborative and strategic approach and building on the "teamwork" culture. Leveraging your strong business acumen, you will be assist in project tendering, troubleshoot potential issues, budgeting, planning and scheduling to ensure projects run smoothly, efficiently and provide an exceptional customer experience.
Qualifications, Experience and Requirements
- Degree in Civil / Water Engineering or relevant discipline
- Circa 6+ years in consulting and/or project management experience in water sector
- Detailed experience of surface water, floodplains, WSUD, stormwater, hydrology, geomorphology, etc
- Experience in tendering through delivery of hydrological and hydraulic modelling studies
- Experience in leading and mentoring a team with a collaborative approach
- Have effective communication skills across divisions, keeping all relevant informed
- Established network/relationships in the South Australian water industry, highly regarded
- Located in or willing to relocate to Adelaide, SA with Unrestricted Australian work rights
What is in it for you
Whilst having the opportunity to work with a leader in the industry, you will gain great exposure with some of the largest resources, water and government clients in SA and Nationally. There is true potential for career development in an organisation that has strong, skilled and reliable people that are committed to the company, its success and its culture.
Your next steps
If you are a driven Principal / Senior Water Engineer looking for a change, a new challenge or career development, I want to hear from you. Apply through the link or for more information contact Justin Martin, Principal Consultant - hydrogen, water, oil & gas firstname.lastname@example.org
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.