We are a large and fully integrated infrastructure business chartered with a responsibility that is pivotal to the success of Queensland and its people. Our culture is one based around safety and performance.
This role has the responsibility to lead the ICT Project Delivery Team to establish a culture of accountability and ensure efficient delivery of Projects and Programs within the ICT Portfolio.
Leading a busy team of Program Managers in a dynamic and changing environment, you will be responsible for program management with a focus on commercial effectiveness, effective assurance and stakeholder management to achieve successful outcomes.
This will see you involved in all stages of the Project lifecycle including setting up new commercial arrangements, reviewing delivery approach for potential projects, liaising with stakeholders and contractors to resolve issues, and ensuring application of best practice techniques to optimise outcomes.
Very strong project assurance and vendor management skills, and experience in Program Delivery Management of multiple concurrent projects to successful commercial outcomes are key to your success in this role.
Your typical duties will include:
- Lead and manage the ICT delivery team to ensure the efficient delivery of the ICT Portfolio of projects and programs.
- To provide oversight of the ICT portfolio of projects and proactively intervene and make decisions to manage for the effective management of issues, conflicts, priorities, communications and personnel to ensure the success of individual projects.
- Provide high quality advisory services in relation to the establishment and ongoing management of commercial agreements with industry partners to mitigate cost risks and optimise overall value to Queensland Rail.
- Work positively to resolve issues, risks and conflicts with the full range of individuals and groups involved in delivery the program and stakeholders including authorised project delegates, business change managers, internal and external delivery teams and senior responsible owners.
- Develop and implement strategies including industry innovation and best practice techniques to improve the overall efficiency and time to deliver individual ICT Portfolio initiatives such that benefits can be realised sooner and value to the business is optimised.
- Contribute actively to a learning organisation through the personal and team development of core competencies, constructive behaviours and maintaining a professional network.
To thrive in this role you will have:
- Previous ICT Program Delivery Management experience within a large organisation, managing internal and external service providers. (Note: This is not a Program Manager role. We need candidates who have previously had experience providing Delivery assurance and oversight over multiple Programs / Projects, and / or supervised multiple Project / Program Managers.)
- A high level of skill in negotiating and managing multi-million dollar vendor contracts for the provision of services to the organisation.
- A high level of people leadership skills with strong influencing, interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Solid knowledge of PRINCE 2 methodology with practical experience to provide quality assurance across a broad range of projects
- A high level of skill in project budget management and monitoring
- A high level of skill in managing internal and external service providers
- A high level of skill in negotiating and managing multi-million dollar vendor contracts
- A high level of conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills
Apply to position number 73525 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by Monday 29th May 2017
In addition to a generous superannuation scheme, Queensland Rail also offers free train travel to and from work on duty days, and a healthy work/ life balance.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.
Queensland Rail also offers free train travel to and from work on duty days and a healthy work/ life balance.
The recruitment and selection process for this position may require shortlisted applicants to undertake Psychometric Assessment, Pre-Employment Health Assessment and background checks that might also include Criminal History and Credit Checks.