We are a large and fully integrated infrastructure business chartered with a responsibility that is pivotal to the success of Queensland and its people. Our culture is one based around safety and performance.
We are currently seeking a leader in ICT Architecture. This is a newly developed role to provide strong technical leadership to ensure ICT architecture is described and maintained; that existing technologies are appropriately used; and that the evolution of the ICT environment is planned to ensure that future business requirements can be met. Providing direction on the development of technology strategies and roadmaps and assure the quality of architecture documentation and associated processes will be core to the success of this position.
Previous hands on experience in IT supported by relevant tertiary qualifications in IT architecture would be highly advantageous. Your ability to think strategically, engage internal and external key stakeholders and influence change will ensure your success in this role.
Key responsibilities for this role are (but not limited to):
- Lead and manage the definition and implementation of the strategic ICT architecture in alignment with ICT strategy and supporting the strategic requirements of the business.
- Ensure that all artefacts and other work outputs related to architecture are of a quality consistent with industry standards and promote visibility, consistency and efficiency in the management and operation of ICT systems.
- Develop and promote the use of architectural principles, standards and frameworks across ICT to guide the selection and evolution of IT systems.
- Develop and implement strategies including industry innovation and best practice techniques for continuous improvement of the ICT Architecture function such that business value is optimised.
- Provide high quality consulting and advisory services on ICT architecture across application and technology domains and work collaboratively with ICT Solutions to provide strong assurance over the ICT solution lifecycle to ensure compliance with current and future ICT architecture.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of Queensland Rail's technology environment and make recommendations to influence technology strategy development across the entire technology portfolio.
- Contribute actively to a learning organisation through the personal and team development of core competencies, constructive behaviours and maintaining a professional network.
Key Selection Criteria:
If you can demonstrate a high level of knowledge or experience in the above criteria please apply to position number #73512 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5pm, Friday 26th May 2017.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.
Queensland Rail also offers free train travel to and from work on duty days and a healthy work/ life balance.
The recruitment and selection process for this position may require the successful candidate to satisfactorily undertake a medical assessment and an alcohol and other drug screen.