Queensland Rail is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
At Queensland Rail we believe safety comes first. Always.
About the role
We are currently recruiting for a PT3 level Electrical Engineer to join the Rollingstock Engineering team on a 3-year fixed term contract.
This role is primarily responsible for performing electrical engineering functions to improve the safety, availability, reliability and cost effectiveness of Queensland Rail’s Rollingstock Fleet. You will be part of the maintenance engineering team opportunity based at Mayne Yard in Bowen Hills. The hours are Monday to Friday, 38 hours per week. Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical assistance and advice to rollingstock maintenance.
- Monitor rollingstock performance, carry out tests, analyse and make recommendations
- Conduct quality audits on rollingstock maintenance procedures and practices
- Develop scopes of work, specifications, instructions, design drawings and any other documents
- Monitor the performance of servicing facilities and evaluate the suitability of equipment
- Manage modifications to parts and equipment
We are seeking interest from people who have:
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- Previous electrical engineering experience with rolling stock or other heavy industry background
- Substantial skill in undertaking technical investigations, rollingstock tests, problem solving, trial modifications and preparation of technical reports.
- High level of interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
Benefits on offer
- Flexible working options
- Competitive Salary Packaging.
- Generous superannuation scheme.
- Queensland Rail also offers free train travel to and from work on duty days and a healthy work/ life balance.
The recruitment and selection process for this position will require shortlisted applicants to undertake Pre-Employment Health Assessment, Video Screen and background checks that might also include Criminal History and Credit Checks.
Queensland Rail embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We have built the foundation for diversity in the areas of gender balance, First Nations Peoples, Youth, Disability and Multiculturalism. We continue to establish and integrate key programs such as QRWomen, Graduate and Apprentice Programs, Work and Welcome, Returned to Work processes, Employee Assistance Program, as well as Queensland Rail First Nations and LGBTIQ+ Staff Reference Groups.
Apply to position number 72925 via our website by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5:00pm, Tuesday the 18th of August 2020. For more information please call Courtney Webb on (07) 3072 2097.
Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.