Civil Maintenance - Crew Member - [Archived Advertisement]
City of Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Civil Maintenance - Crew Member
Division: CITY OPERATIONS
Unit: CITY INFRA & TRAFFIC OPS
Section: INFRASTRUCTURE MAINTENAN
Salary: AUD 53,836.00 per annum plus Superannuation
Employment status: Permanent
Employment arrangement: Full time
Location: Bay Street Depot
Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030 – developing a green, global and connected city.
We are looking for energetic, customer-focused individuals with a good understanding of civil infrastructure maintenance to join our dynamic team.
The positions involves fieldwork and will include a range of labouring and plant operating activities related to infrastructure maintenance.
To be successful in the role you will need:
- Experience in repair and maintenance of infrastructure assets including roads, footways, stone kerb, pavers, stormwater drainage, street signage, street and park furniture and lighting.
- Be physically able to carry out labouring work and be prepared to acquire additional skills.
- Hold a current C Class licence and be willing to obtain an MR licence in the first six months of employment.
- Work Cover General Induction Card.
- Good understanding of WHS work practices.
You must also have proven time management skills, ability to prioritise, deal with conflicting issues and meet deadlines. The ability to deliver high quality customer service and to promote a professional image to customers is essential.
Why work at the City of Sydney:
- Wage increases paid annually in line with the City of Sydney Award
- Salary progression scheme linked to Performance and Development Program
- Overtime subject to operational needs and management approval
- Long Service Leave after 5 years
- Generous professional development opportunities and education assistance
- Access to Council's Employee Assistance Program
Do you want to part of something challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about serving our community? The City of Sydney might be the right career move for you.
To apply: Click on 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and address the essential criteria (selection criteria) as stated within the position description that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. This role will require a Pre-employment Medical check.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City’s website Friday 20th October 2017.
For further information contact: Paul Smithson, Operations Manager CITO on 02 8019 6934
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Closing Date:
- 20 Oct 2017
- NSW - Sydney
- AUD 53,836.00 per annum plus Superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time