Aurecon employs inspirational and energetic people. We aim to recruit and retain the best talent and we are committed to unleashing the potential of our people by challenging them with interesting work, and giving them the support and autonomy they need to achieve their goals.
Are you a Transmission and Distribution Design Engineer with experience in overhead, underground and substation design? Do you:
- want to work as part of a large design team?
- have 10 years+ experience in structural design?
- Have experience with relevant software and standards?
Aurecon considers itself a key player in the future delivery of Transmission and Distribution and traction power assets across Australia, New Zealand and Africa, Middle East. Likely projects include aerial and underground line design, greenfield and brownfield substations.
The transmission and distribution design team is primarily responsible for the provision of design and design management services required to support the planning, scoping, estimating and delivery of a wide range of project types in NSW and interstate.
As a Senior Transmission and Distribution Design Engineer within the team your key responsibilities will entail:
- Conduct detailed design and prepare technical reports for the client, including lattice steel structures and monopoles, foundations, aerial design/ cable route feeder reticulation and overhead traction power supply feeder projects.
- Perform as part of a larger multi-disciplinary design team and contribute to multi-discipline design reviews
- Responsible for delivery of relevant areas of project within proposed deadlines and budgets.
- Undertake site inspections and associated reporting, in accordance with relevant OH&S practises.
- Provide support to Design Managers when liaising with clients and contractors in relation to project objectives and targets on technical issues and problem resolution.
- Work sourcing and winning, producing proposals and pricing services to respond to client requirements.
- Lead multi-disciplinary and geographically spread teams.
- Provide project leadership
- Mentoring junior staff
- Structural as well as general line design experience considered desirable
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering, Structural Engineering or similar discipline coupled with upwards of 10 years’ experience
- Proven communication, technical report writing and presentation skills
- Drive to progress your career in a technically driven multidisciplinary setting
- Strengths in project leadership
- Interest in developing less experienced team members
Alignment with the Aurecon Attributes is important: Co-creative, Commercial, Sense-maker, Inquisitive, Engaging, Resourceful, Fearless and Unconventional Thinking.
Kindly refer to http://www.aurecongroup.com/en/careers/themes/why-join-aurecon/aurecon-attributes.aspx for more detail,
What We Provide
Working within the global Aurecon team offers extensive career prospects whilst providing an environment that empowers, encourages sustainability and promotes team work.
Competitive remuneration and ongoing professional development await you. Varied and stimulating projects.
For examples of some of our projects, visit http://www.aurecongroup.com/en/Projects.aspx
How to Apply
If you are keen to progress your career within a diverse and vibrant global team, please click on the apply button below.
Aurecon is an equal opportunity employer.
***Applications are sought from direct candidates only
***No agencies please