We are seeking a passionate and experienced Engineer to join us on a permanent basis as a Senior Developments & Drainage Engineer.
This role is based at Greensborough and sits in the City Development Directorate where we are ‘creating and preserving great places’.
As a senior member of the team you will be:
- Providing a high level of customer service and consultations to internal and external clients.
- Reviewing and approving development proposals and plans to ensure compliance with legislation, permits, policies, practices, standards and specifications.
- Ongoing review, development, management and implementation of Council’s flood mapping and modelling, flood level information and the Special Building Overlays contained within the Banyule Planning Scheme.
- Carrying out investigations where required.
- Contributing to a positive team culture.
We follow a ‘Working together, working better’ motto and as a senior member of the team you may take on more complex tasks and may also work closely with team members and/or assisting them with their proposals.
We are seeking someone who has qualifications and:
- Has the passion in improving their own skills and experience
- Enjoys solving problems and undertaking complex investigations
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience in undertaking hydraulics and hydrology, conventional drainage design, and flood mapping/modelling calculations
- Experience in use of OSD4 software, ability to calculate permissible site discharge and volume requirements
- Knowledge of strategic catchment analysis and water sensitive urban design initiatives and projects
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description on our website.
Banyule City Council is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines on our website.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: 5 February 2018