We have an opportunity for a customer focused Development Planner to support the function of Banyule’s Development Planning team.
In this role you will
- Assess and advise Council on statutory planning proposals for the development and use of land in Banyule
- Act as a facilitator to achieve an efficient development approvals process and to provide guidance and assistance
- Recommend changes to policies and procedures to management and to use initiative and judgement in applying existing policies and procedures
- Assist staff in their understanding of the Planning Scheme, Reforms and Planning and Environment Act.
You will be able to demonstrate
- Recognised tertiary qualification in urban planning
- Experience in a planning role at either local government or private level desirable
- A working knowledge and understanding of the Planning and Environment Act 1987 and associated statutory procedures
- Customer service, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management and administrative skills
- Interpersonal and communications skills including report writing
- Knowledge of the principles and best practice of statutory planning
- Current drivers licence
- Evidence of COVID vaccination
In return we can offer you
- Permanent full-time position
- RDO every four weeks
- An attractive salary of $70,934.90 to $82,175.74 plus super
- Flexible work environment
- Access to a suite of quality learning and development opportunities and a range of health and wellbeing initiatives
- Greensborough location
Pre employment screenings – Working with Children Check
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below. To discuss your suitability, contact Jonathon Atkinson Tel: 9433 7738 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Thursday 25 November 2021
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.