Street Cleansing - Shop Cleaning Driver - [Archived Advertisement]
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Street Cleansing - Shop Cleaning Driver
- Salary - $65k - $68k + Super
- Fortnightly RDO
- Full time permanent role
Moreland is a progressive council with 180,000 residents: one community, proudly diverse. Our city is vibrant and energetic, known for its active community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops and our community of artists and creative industries. As a Council, we’ve been supporting our community through difficult times, and our long term vision has ambitious goals for environmental sustainability, community wellbeing, and creating great places.
Moreland Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to engagement with, the Moreland community. With the Civic Centre located in Coburg, 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at the doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Shop cleaning rostered hours are from 6:00am -2:30pm Monday -Thursday and 6:00am-1:30pm Friday
- Sweeping of Shopping/activity Centres, bus shelters, and Footpaths by both mechanical and manual means.
- Pressure washing of any stains, spills, and rubbish on footpaths.
- To work across the Street Cleansing Unit when other staff are unavailable to ensure continuity of the provision of services within the Unit.
- Participate in regular overtime to service the needs of the Saturday morning and Sunday morning programs.
- Undertake basic checks and provide routine maintenance to ensure that equipment used is in good condition. Ensure that any mechanical faults and/or items requiring repair or attention are reported to the immediate supervisor, or in their absence the Mechanical Workshop.
- Operate a range of plant and equipment where necessary to carry out required cleaning or maintenance programs.
- Be available for overtime in the case of an emergency or as per operational requirements
- Report any defects to Council assets, service authority assets and other situations particularly where there is a danger to the general public such as fallen branches, potholes, unsafe fences, broken pit lids etc noticed whilst undertaking duties.
- To be successful in this position you must be someone who enjoys contact with the community and working within a dynamic team to ensure Councils Street Cleansing services are delivered to a top standard.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Knowledge and skills for the safe and competent driving of a Medium Rigid vehicle.
- Basic mechanical knowledge and skills to operate and maintain equipment, tailgate lifter, cranes, sweeping equipment, footpath sweepers.
- Physical skills capable of undertaking a range of manual handling duties.
- Basic skills to understand the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004.
- Basic skills to undertake First Aid. (Level 2 First Aid Certificate)
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Fortnightly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
- Wellness programs- free gym classes & social club
For further information please contact Alan Nind – Works Officer Programmed Services on 0417 524 728.
Applications close: 5.30 pm, 13 August 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attach your valid Drivers Licence, Medium Rigid Licence, First Aid and CPR Training. Please have this ready when completing your application
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 13 Aug 2021
- VIC - Hadfield
- $65k - $68k + Super +Fortnightly RDO
- Work Type:
- Full Time