Coordinator Civil Maintenance WS490
Salary: $92,386.93 - $97,812.88 per annum
Location: Martyn Street Depot, 158A Martyn Street, Cairns
Reference Number: 12990
Close Date: Monday 21 October 2019
Council is seeking a strong leader of people with demonstrated management skills to head up a dynamic maintenace team in and around the CBD of Cairns. The role is suited to a progressive thinker seeking to improve and enhance the cities maintenance standards.
Primary Objectives of the position:-
- Provide overall management of civil maintenance activities for Central operations asset base, including roads, drains, paths, marine street furniture and related items.
- Integrate asset maintenance with asset renewal and upgrade planning in close collaboration with other branches of council.
- Enable effective service delivery teams focused on risk mitigated and customer focused asset and service outcomes.
- Coordinate construction projects within scope of the role in an efficient, effective and timely manner.
- Continuously improve the effectiveness of this District and the Branch’s operations by investigating new products, plant, materials and processes.
To be successful in this role you must have:-
- Minimum of Diploma in Civil Engineering, Project Management or relevant industry experience.
- Current Queensland C class licence.
- Extensive experience in supervision of roads and drainage construction and maintenance.
- High degree of computer application skills and ability.
- Demonstrated effective people management skills specifically in the areas of staff supervision, leadership, recruitment, training, motivation, team building and performance management.
For a full listing of the Key Duties & Responsibilities and full Selection Criteria please ensure you obtain a copy of the information kit and how to apply by clicking on the Position Description, select on "Open" to download the attachment.
How to Apply:
Your application must be submitted online and must consist of the following:
- Cover Letter addressing the three main elements as detailed in the full selection criteria.
- Copy of your Resume.
Applications not addressing the full selection criteria will not be accepted.
We offer the following benefits:
- 9 Day Fortnight
- Up to 5 weeks annual leave
- 12% contribution to superannuation
- Annual leave loading
- Subsidised uniform allowance
- Subsidised health and well-being membership (gym / swimming pool)
- On-going opportunities for learning and professional development
As part of the selection process applicants may be required to undertake some or all of the following assessments/checks:-
- Preâ€‘employment medical assessment, which will include a drug and alcohol test.
- National Police/Criminal History Check.
- Practical Assessment
- Numeracy and Literacy Assessment
- Computer Skills Assessment
- Qualification/Licence Verification
- Working with Children & Young People (Blue Card) Verification
- Right to Work in Australia Check
- Directorship Check
To be eligible to apply for a position at Cairns Regional Council, you must fulfil one of the following criteria:-
- Permanent resident of Australia
- Australian Citizen
- New Zealand Citizen
- Entitlement to Work Visa
Intending applicants must obtain an information kit from Council's Website: www.cairns.qld.gov.au
or alternatively from Human Resources on
(07) 4044 3310