Remuneration: annual salary, currently at $71,822.40, plus up to 13% superannuation
Closing Date: Sunday 31st March 2024 at 11.00pm AEST.
NOTE - THIS JOB ADVERTISEMENT WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL ALL VACANT POSITIONS HAVE BEEN FILLED.
Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies may be considered, if submitted through Council's online application system.
These positions, which will rotate amongst various Gympie Regional Council Treatment Plants to suit business needs, will assist the Senior Operator with the operation and maintenance of Council's Water and/or Sewage Treatment Plants ensuring that operations contribute to the highest quality of service to our customers, including compliance with Regulators.
What we are looking for:
Council is seeking qualified and experienced Treatment Plant Operators who are self-motivated and willing to work as part of a multidisciplinary team. With the flexibility to rotate between treatment plants across the region, we need operators who are responsive and technically minded with an ability to problem-solve. The candidates who have treatment operation experience, diagnostic skills, and mechanical ability, including knowledge of the operation and maintenance of pumps will do well in these roles.
Essential Knowledge & Skills and Requirements:
To be considered for these positions, you must have:
- Certificate III in Water and Waste Water Operations.
- Relevant experience in the operation and maintenance of a water and/or sewerage treatment plant.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safe chemical handling and storage.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of water and wastewater sample collection, testing and result interpretation.
- Demonstrated computer operation skills including reporting and field date capture and ability to use electronic equipment.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and commitment to control costs and quality of work.
- Knowledge of SCADA and telemetry systems.
- A knowledge of quality assurance and maintenance management systems.
- An understanding of water and waste water reticulation and collection systems.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact Council's Acting Coordinator Treatment, Jason O'Brien on 0427 930232 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Council's Officer Recruitment, Sue Rossi on 07-5481 0971 or email email@example.com
What we offer?
- Nine-day fortnight
- Access to employee health and well-being programs
- Fitness Passport: work out at over 25 local gyms for you and your family at a subsidised rate.
- Long service leave after seven years
- Generous superannuation scheme of up to 13 per cent
- Access to salary sacrificing and salary packaging arrangements.
- Employee assistance program offering free confidential counselling services for employees and their families.
- Customer Service Focused
- Teamwork and Collaboration
For a full explanation of our values please click here. You will be assessed on your understanding of these values and how you have applied values such as these in your previous employment.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake various checks such as skills, qualifications, reference, medical and national police.