- Are you looking for a new challenge?
- Apply your expertise in software engineering/development
- Join CSIRO's Energy team of world-leading research scientists
The CSIRO Mining and Processing Technologies research group develops world-leading technology used by both the domestic and global coal mining industry. The group is actively developing advanced sensing, processing, automation, and visualisation solutions for industry to deliver safe, green and productive mining processes.
The successful applicant will be instrumental in accelerating the delivery of our coal mining focussed research agenda. From a technical perspective, you will work on applied industry research, algorithm development, software development, sensor interfacing, technology validation, system integration, as well as field activities.
Your duties will include:
- Design, implementation and validation of software with relevant hardware systems as directed by the research team for project work to address challenges
- Engage as part of a multi-disciplinary applied research team, to carry out tasks under limited direction in support of scientific research.
Location: Pullenvale, QLD
Salary: AU $61K to AU $78K plus up to $15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be successful you will possess:
- Relevant tertiary degree or equivalent experience in electronic, control or mechatronic engineering.
- Strong proficiency in C/C++ software development and validation.
- Proficiency with Windows and Linux development environments.
- Experience designing and developing software in a collaborative environment.
- Familiarity with software version control and documentation.
- Familiarity using modern sensors and devices, e.g., laser, vision, inertial, radar, robotics.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position description
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! Balance
About us: We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world.
We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
How to Apply: To apply for this position, please include with your CV/Resume a statement addressing the essential criteria, and any other information that is relevant the position. Please upload these as one document.
Applications Close: Sunday 27 May 2018