- Do you have strong customer focus, excellent communication abilities and interpersonal skills?
- Do you have a high level working knowledge of the Commonwealth Procurement Rules?
- Join the CSIRO Strategic Procurement team and develop efficient and effective procurement and contracting strategies
Strategic Procurement is seeking to employ 2 Procurement Officers with strong procurement, stakeholder management, negotiation and organisational skills. You will be responsible for a number of procurement activities; contract development/management and relationship management. The role will provide support to stakeholders through commercial/risk based models to develop efficient and effective procurement and contracting strategies.
You will work autonomously on most tasks, and will be expected to display initiative and be proactive by identifying improvement opportunities.
Your duties will include:
- Undertake complex procurement activities and contract management in a manner which is compliant with the Commonwealth Procurement Rules (CPRs).
- Develop all Procurement documentation associated with complex procurement.
- Assist in negotiations with suppliers and manage issues to successful agreement.
- Develop contracts as an outcome of tendering activities.
- Support business units in the development and review of contracts.
- Provide support to delivering government policy and CPR compliant Procurement Strategies within complex multi-tiered stakeholder groups.
- Assist in the management of Vendors to deliver agreed business outcomes.
Location: Black Mountain ACT
Salary: AU $80K to AU $91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite x 2 Positions
Ref no: 57532
To be considered you must:
- Have a relevant qualification/s, and /or equivalent experience in government procurement.
- Demonstrate your ability in delivering complex procurements throughout the entire procurement lifecycle.
- Demonstrate your capability to think strategically in order to support strategic direction of CSIRO and understand CSIRO’s position as a Commonwealth agency in managing procurement, contract negotiation and contract management.
- Demonstrate your ability to take responsibility for managing work projects to achieve results in a professional and timely manner and respond positively to change.
- Demonstrate your capability in establishing and maintaining productive working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: To apply for this position please include with your CV/Resume a statement addressing the essential criteria, and any other information that is relevant to the position. Please upload these as one document.
Applications Close: 8 July 2018 (10:59pm AEST)