- Are you hands-on in laboratory operations?
- Work with a dynamic team of researchers within CSIRO Manufacturing
- CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO is seeking to appoint a Chemical Engineer within CSIRO Manufacturing. As a successful candidate you will collaborate in scientific activities with other research staff usually by assisting with detailed planning, undertaking or assisting with experimental and observational work, and in carrying out the more practical aspects of the work.
Find out more by viewing the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the development and establishment of novel analytical processes (e.g. Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy, DSC-TGA, X-Ray Diffraction).
- Under the direction of senior research scientists, carry out scientific activities involving metal production and materials testing, as well as performing metallographic sample preparation.
- Maintain and develop safe operation of key laboratory equipment in the light metals area, particularly ultra-low-oxygen glove box systems.
Location: Clayton, VIC
Salary: AU $62,654 - AU $79,741 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 3 years
To be successful you will need:
- Relevant Bachelors/Master’s Degree or equivalent experience in chemical engineering or materials science.
- Hands-on experience in the preparation and scale-up of chemical processes for high performance metals or other advanced materials.
- Ability to operate and equipment for high temperature chemical processing in inert atmospheres
- Familiarity with materials characterisation, particularly using analytical techniques relevant to chemical processing for metal powder production
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load your CV and cover letter (Maximum 2MB) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/. You may also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications Close: 11:59pm, 31 Oct 2018