- Do you have previous experience in Procurement while working with government policy and procedures?
- Do you have excellent stakeholder management and problem solving skills?
- Join CSIRO - Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation!
The Strategic Procurement team is seeking to engage a Procurement Advisor with procurement, stakeholder management, negotiation and organisational skills.
In this role, your key interactions will be with internal CSIRO business units, external stakeholders and suppliers and government agencies.
You will support Strategic Procurement section and will be primarily performing procurement, reporting and administration activities. To be successful in this role, you will be required to have good stakeholder management, organisational, and problem-solving skills. Your strong customer focus, excellent communication and interpersonal skills will compliment your working knowledge of government procurement policies and how they apply to a Corporate Commonwealth Entity (CCE).
Your duties will include:
• Work independently and have the capability to identify and implement improvement opportunities.
• Use sound problem solving skills and sound judgement to ensure consistent decision making in accordance with government and CSIRO policy.
• Undertake a range of procurement and administration tasks
• Support staff and assist the team with meeting objectives by undertaking routine and adhoc reporting and administrative tasks.
• Recommend improvements to systems and procedures and implement any approved changes.
• Other responsibilities as specified in detail in the Position description.
Location: Canberra, ACT
Salary: AU$63k – AU$80k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
1. Working experience in supporting government policy and procedures.
2. Business and service improvement oriented - identifies improvements to current processes and communicates alternative and improved practices to support CSIRO’s position as a Commonwealth Agency.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirments of this role.
Friday 14 February 2020, 11:00 pm AEDT.