CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Characterization & Modelling of Fluid Rock Interactions in Sediment - [Archived Advertisement]
CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Characterization & Modelling of Fluid Rock Interactions in Sediment
- Conduct innovative research aligned with Deep Earth Imaging
- Unlock the resource potential of Australia and contribute to the greenhouse abatement technologies
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s leading scientific research organisation!
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years of relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
CSIRO seeks an outstanding early career scientist specialising in the analytical characterization and geochemical modelling of fluid rock interactions as a new member of an established team. The Postdoctoral Fellow will join The Deep Earth Imaging Future Science Platform, a CSIRO initiative addressing high-risk, high-reward research challenges in discovering and managing our minerals, energy and water resources by developing new subsurface imaging techniques to help us more precisely image, monitor and understand the significance of subsurface rock properties. The candidate will develop novel analytical approaches & data processing algorithms contributing to the development of imaging & monitoring technologies of the subsurface across multiple scales.
Your duties will include:
- Building observation-based understanding of fluid-rock interactions at the nano- to micro-scale to inform predictive geochemical models.
- Developing novel analytical approaches and data processing algorithms contributing to the development of imaging and monitoring technologies of the subsurface across multiple scales.
- Actively engaging with domain experts to link next generation nanoscale analytical methods to process-based numerical modelling.
- Developing deeper understanding of the impact and the risk quantification associated with modifications of in-situ chemical and physical properties of reservoir and seal lithologies during storage and withdrawal operations.
- Undertaking regular reviews of relevant literature and intellectual property and producing high quality scientific and/or engineering papers suitable for publication.
Location: Perth, WA
Salary: AU$88k – AU$96k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as Energy Geosciences, Geochemistry, Geology with an understanding of their applications for energy exploration and storage. Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or part time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Experience with one or more of the following characterization methods: microbeam techniques (electron and ion-based); X-ray and neutron scattering and tomography.
- Experience in geochemical analysis and in the integration of geochemical and petrophysical/geological datasets.
- High level written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally.
- A record of science innovation and creativity, including the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
To be eligible to work in CSIRO you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additional integrity checks may be required for specific roles which require security clearance for working with children, Australian Government cybersecurity requirements or other identified security roles.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
23 August 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 23 Aug 2021
- WA - Perth
- Work Type: