Senior Process Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Senior Process Engineer
- Is your research area in chemical engineering, metallurgy, mineral processing or chemistry?
- Are you an experienced project manager in the process industries or engineering fields?
- Join CSIRO & contribute to Australia's research into solar thermal energy
Consider a lifestyle change to Newcastle - a city surrounded by beautiful beaches, yet is also less than an hour’s drive away from picturesque Hunter Valley.
We are seeking an experienced Process Engineer to join the Solar Thermal Applications team, based in beautiful Newcastle. In this role, you will lead the conception, design, construction, commissioning and operation of process equipment for the utilisation of Solar Thermal Energy, both at pilot scale and in collaboration with industry partners. These systems may involve high temperature materials, such as liquid metals, molten salts, solids and high-pressure gases, or hydrogen, fuel and chemical production processes.
Your duties will include:
- Acting as a trusted advisor, utilising knowledge of client’s business and understanding of their underlying needs.
- Anticipating industry and/or community needs and market direction through client liaison/networking, and identify and adapt quickly to changes.
- Using professional expertise, knowledge of other disciplines and research experience/achievement to formulate, develop and complete an approved research program with general direction as to the aims of their activities.
- Communicating research results to clients and the scientific community through oral and written reports, which may include preparing documents for patent applications.
- Providing advice to policy makers and informing and transferring knowledge to non-scientific audiences.
Location: Newcastle, NSW
Salary: AU$115k - AU$135k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A PhD in chemical engineering, metallurgy, mineral processing, chemistry or other relevant engineering field and significant relevant work experience, or a lower degree with extensive relevant work experience equivalent to a PhD.
- Excellent project management and communications skills, with experience in leading team-based projects involving multiple stakeholders, complex timelines and external clients.
- The ability to lead process engineering aspects of projects, ranging from initial concept assessments through to detailed design, construction, commissioning and operation of novel plants
- Several years’ experience of project management in the process industries, engineering or relevant technology fields.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
To be eligible for this role, you must currently be residing in Australia as:
- An Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident;
- A New Zealand Citizen, or;
- An Australian temporary resident (visa sponsorship may be provided to eligible candidates)
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additional integrity checks may be required for specific roles which require security clearance for working with children, Australian Government cybersecurity requirements or other identified security roles.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
26th August 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 26 Aug 2021
- NSW - Newcastle
- AU$115k - AU$135k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: