Are you interested in joining Melbourne’s Suburban Passenger Railway Operator and be involved in positively changing the life and welfare every day? What about bringing your skills and experience to help keeping Melbourne as the most liveable city in the world? If the answer is "Yes", keep reading!Metro’s culture:
Metro is a multi-award winning organisation
and we pride ourselves on our team of honest,
high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety
focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, progressive and providing real work/life balance
to their employees.
Metro being a Registered Training Organisation will ensure you are supported and encouraged to develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed.About the role:
Our Engineering Department is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer for a 12 month fixed term contract. You will be required to provide specialist technical engineering services in Rolling Stock Electrical and electronic systems including the provision of railway Rollling Stock standards, Functional and system design and review, and other technical services including research and development to ensure the Rolling stock operating on the network is safe and fit for purpose. Supervise engineers to meet the key performance indicators and ensure application of management systems and tools are appropriate for MTM’s needs.Key Responsibilities of the role:
Review Rolling Stock department specifications, maintenance instructions and procedures, test schedules, risk analysis, environmental plans and other documents to ensure they meet MTM objectives and represent best practice for MTM requirements.
About your experience:
- Develop, prepare, review and evaluate longer-term capital and project proposals for current and future Rolling Stock assets as required
- Investigate operational and maintenance incidents to identify both root causes and significant contributory factors in the incident, and propose solutions to those causes and factors.
- Ensure the rolling stock specifications, designs and standards related to electrical systems are fit for purpose,
- Assist in identifying risks, and ensuring identified residual risks of Projects and rolling stock works are contained by appropriate control measures to reduce risk So Far As is Reasonably Practicable.
- Provide effective leadership and supervision of the Electrical engineering technical staff within Rolling stock engineering team, and provide professional guidance to engineering and technical staff within the rolling stock department.
- Provide technical advice and response to questions on Rolling Stock Electrical systems and performance to other senior managers, divisions, and external parties
- Prepare and evaluate submissions for Engineering change, Waivers, type tests, with respect to rolling stock electrical systems, conducting and overseeing the testing and results of new or modified systems to ensure fitness for purpose.
- Review Rolling stock engineering standards to identify risks associated with management of Rolling stock and recommend appropriate control measures to reduce risk to an acceptable level
- Review, develop and maintain technical, quality and operational standards to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, statutory obligations and MTM policy and the Rolling stock asset management plan
First and fore mostly, you need to care about people and the railway. You bring technical experience within a large and complex safety investigations environment (preferably rail) and confidently demonstrate:
- Proven experience in Rolling stock maintenance
- Experience and knowledge of Rolling Stock technical and engineering standards, system specifications and practices
- Experience and knowledge of Rolling stock asset management processes
- Experience and Knowledge of Railway Systems in an operating rail environment.
- Experience in financial and budgetary processes
- Extensive experience in project management/ engineering
- Sound knowledge of WHS, environmental and heritage requirements
Additionally, you value the importance of teamwork and listening, challenging your peers and making a difference. You confidently bring innovation to the table. You have the agility to engage with a variety of stakeholders, fostering positive working relationships and communicating technical data at all levels. You also have the ability to manage multiple priorities while remaining focused on excellence.
You will be backed by an engaged leadership team who has an absolute focus on innovation including digitalisation and who will foster a customer service centric environment. This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you! Please submit your application by COB Friday 25th August 2017.Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.