Solar and Energy Storage Technician - [Archived Advertisement]
- Are you an Electrician looking for a new opportunity?
- Do you have an interest in solar and energy storage systems?
- Come join our growing team!
We have new and exciting opportunities to join the ActewAGL Retail family. We are seeking dedicated, self-starters who have a real passion for energy and working with people, to join our growing business sales team.
A bit about us
ActewAGL are an electricity, gas and solar retailer proudly based in the nation’s capital and for more than 100 years, we have been an active part of the community.
We have built a special relationship with the region we serve, supporting local teams, charities and community events. As the world around us continually changes, we are exploring creative energy solutions to help our customers take control of the energy they use.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity and inclusion, and encourage applicants of all ages, disabilities and backgrounds. We have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and actively encourage women to apply.
Your new role
Using your skills, you will be auditing the integrity of solar photovoltaic (PV) installations and energy storage systems for our customers to ensure they have safe and reliable energy storage services to their homes and businesses.
A day for you will look like:
- Ensuring installations are safe and follow regulations and clean energy council (CEC) guidelines.
- Provide technical advice and support to the business during construction, installation and post installation
- Provide advice and recommendations for remedial actions and correcting faults
- Work collaboratively with our internal partners and contractors regarding all design, installation and standards.
- Develop processes and procedures for installation, testing, auditing and maintenance of all systems and services.
What will you need?
- Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician
- ACT unrestricted electrician licence
- Experience installing or maintaining solar and energy storage systems
- Understanding of Australian Standards and guidelines through the Clean Energy Council (CEC accreditation is desirable)
- General Construction Induction Card (White Card)
- Hold a current ACT motor vehicle licence or its acceptable equivalent
Why work with us?
We boast a positive team culture and are a team of forward thinking individuals who operate in a flexible and autonomous environment.
We offer generous salary and benefits including competitive pay, subsidised gym memberships, flexible working arrangements, leadership and professional development programs, staff rewards and recognition programs and much more...
If this sounds like the role for you, we encourage you to get in touch to learn more.
You can apply through our online recruitment portal and in your cover letter tell us all about you, what skills and experience you can bring to the role.
If you have questions about the role, we encourage you to contact Sean Davis, Business Sales Manager on 0404 487 606.
Applications will close on Friday 22 February 2019 at 5.00pm
- Closing Date:
- 22 Feb 2019
- Work Type:
- Full Time