Waste Water Technician
Yalumba Wines (View other jobs from this organisation)
Waste Water Technician - Full Time
Established in 1849, Yalumba is Australia’s most historic family-owned winery. A fiercely independent fine wine producer, Yalumba is driven by innovation, sustainability, excellence, and pride in its people that result in a genuine opportunity for personal and professional growth.
About the role
Reporting to the Mechanical Supervisor we are seeking a full-time Waste Water Technician to join Yalumba’s General Services team based at our Angaston winery where you will operate and maintain the Angaston Winery’s Waste Water Treatment Plant and sundry waste water systems and associated plant.
- Carry out the day to day operation and maintenance of the Waste Water Treatment Plant and ensure required meter readings and samples are accurately collected and recorded.
- Ensure the waste water irrigation schedules are maintained for optimum plant operation and vineyard irrigation schedules.
- Monitor and respond to plant faults and alarms in a timely manner.
- Maintain plant consumables/chemicals/additives are maintained at optimum levels.
- Maintain relevant irrigation systems and equipment
- Ensure Job completion documentation is current and complete. Ensure the waste water treatment plant is keep clean, tidy and in a safe manner at all times.
- Ensure at all times work is carried out in accordance with the company’s policies and OH&S, environmental and quality procedures.
- All work activities are planned and scheduled with minimal disruption to production and the safety of the workers in the immediate area.
You will be self-motivated and have strong communication and customer service skills with the ability to be flexible and willing to carry out tasks to the company’s needs and demonstrate pride in completing jobs to a high standard. The ability to work autonomously and longer hours may be required to meet seasonal demands.
- Trade background and /or mechanical aptitude will be highly regarded
- Afterhours monitoring of alarms is a requirement for the role and a basic understanding of the Microsoft Office suite is preferred
- A current valid Driver’s Licence is also essential.
What’s in it for you?
- Family owned company with an exceptional culture
- Competitive remuneration including wine allowance.
- Full on boarding and training.
Prior to commencement, satisfactory completion of drug and alcohol testing will be required
How to apply
Please forward your resume via the Apply now function. Applications will close 26th January 2021.
Confidential inquiries can be directed to Stuart Hearn, Recruitment Advisor on 08 8561 3283
- Closing Date:
- 26 Jan 2021
- SA - Angaston
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Environment & Water